The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats what I have, Could I install a gooseneck and what would be the most reasonable length trailer and would I be able to haul lets say a small car?

·
3,754 Posts
You can haul much more then a small car. Trailer length is very dependant on what your hauling, to get the weight where you need it etc.

·
1,836 Posts
Weigh the truck and subtract that from the Gross Combined Vehicle Weight.

Since you are asking, I would advocate that you hold the trailer weight under 6 to 8 thousand pounds ( 3-4 tons ). And the size under 20 foot while you practice right hand turns and backing up. The trailer turns shorter than the truck and answers the bottom of the steering wheel, but then you have to turn the wheel the other way to follow the trailer.

The big question is 'can it stop', it has been a couple of month since some ****** gave me a 'brake check' on the road with about 14K following the pickup. Yes they worked and he is still alive. He watched until there was about 5 foot more than required to not hit him and pulled out of the station drive. If I had been tuning the radio, it would have been right over the top of his playtoy. His tag is now in a couple of deputies notebooks because it looked like a variation of the 'swoop and squat' game of going for the insurance fraud.

keydl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts