The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pictures of what my truck looked like when I baught it, and in the process of repairing it.

Alittle rust cancer:

What's missing?

I will post more later.

·
Old Fart
889 Posts
Looks like you have a good start on the body work. It is fun if you know what you are doing, and by the photos you DO. I was never very good with body work. I could do a decent job but I did not enjoy it.

·
168 Posts
Since you have it torn down that far think about this. The original owner of my truck (Im second) bought it incomplete. He added a frame under the cab and also mounted the sleeper on it to make it like a Unibuilt cab. I think at the time, 1989, Volvo was the only one to have both the cab and sleeper together on air ride. I could try to take some pics if youre interested in doing that.

·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

These pictures are from about 7 years ago. I have alot more, just need some time to crop and upload.

·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She has come along way since I baught it. It was parked for about 6 years and I am now running it again. Still got alot of work to do to get it into the shape i want it in.

·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few more:

Almost new!:)

The boss was helping out:

How she looks as of a couple weeks ago. Washing in the winter is a loosing battle. :bdh

·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Suspension swap from Hendrickson 4 spring, to Neway ARD 244.

I wish I had taken a few more of teh suspension swap when it was closer to being completed, but I didn't.

·
326 Posts
That's a nice looking rig, the New England weather sure plays hell on the bodys of vehicles, moreso than here.

·
69 Posts
Dude! You rock! Talk about not being afraid of taking on a project! Nice job! She look's good! I'm kinda partial to the old LTL's my dad had one when I was young. Had a 400 Cummins in it and 4" straight stacks! Man she'd cackle! Keep up the good work. What do you haul in your walking floor? I've got floor's we haul sawdust, shavings, chips, hog fuel, etc etc.

RF

·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude! You rock! Talk about not being afraid of taking on a project! Nice job! She look's good! I'm kinda partial to the old LTL's my dad had one when I was young. Had a 400 Cummins in it and 4" straight stacks! Man she'd cackle! Keep up the good work. What do you haul in your walking floor? I've got floor's we haul sawdust, shavings, chips, hog fuel, etc etc.

RF
Thanks!

Every project is nothing more than a learning adventure. Some are just more indepth.

I haul prettymuch the same things.

·
381 Posts
Nice job Aaron. I love projects like that.I've done several, But some wound up being more expensive than I had figured. :beerdrink:woot:---Bob

·
35 Posts
Always liked that body style. When I was running a rock truck there was a guy that had 4 of those. Tough trucks and looked good doing it. Thinking I will be painting my F800 this fall, Was going to get someone else to do the body work and paint. But thinking I want to tackle it my self.
Pete

1 - 20 of 20 Posts