The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acquired a new truck on the farm this past week, traded the 83 K100 for it.

It is a 87 W900B with a 444 in it that has been converted to high flow cooling and air to air. Factory 254" wheelbase.

·
2,555 Posts
that is an interesting set up it should work fairly well I would think.
I see the tow yoke in the bumper to help with the 8 bag :poke

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was just in case, between the thaw and the 2.5" of rain the day before it was questionable what it was going to do, but we ended up not having to hook to either end.

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Reactions: Caterbilt

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, it's going to get aluminums put back on the drives soon might look just a little better.

I wasn't a huge fan of the 900B but this truck is kind of growing on me. Had to do some engine work to try and clean some of that smoke up, it was smoking almost as bad as it is in this picture at a warm idle.

Reactions: LOG HAULER

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
That truck does look nice, I can't ever find any nice old kw's here. Maybe for the best though or our farm would start to look like vanderhaags.

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That truck does look nice, I can't ever find any nice old kw's here. Maybe for the best though or our farm would start to look like vanderhaags.
Only way we ended up with this truck was a trade, normally it wouldn't have been something that would have even been looked at.

It has been getting worked though, as the freightliner has been down having the new transmission replaced under warranty.

The engine is not a 444 but rather a big cam 3 that was swapped in, which having standard injectors doesn't hurt my feelings at all as I did put a set of injectors in it a couple of weekends ago, setting them was a pain as the accessory drive isn't in time so I had to set them at peak lift and use a traditional torque wrench to 72in-lbs.

·
169 Posts
Nice truck Cody, a guy I know had a BCIII converted to air to air and some other little things, my guess was around 500 hp.

another guy in Miami had a BCIII with the heads from a N14, the mechanic shop he took it to could never figure out how they did it, he told me the hole bores in the block don't match and the N 14 head has more bolts to hold the heads down than the BCIII.

later he told me he asked the guy, and said he had some body that owns or work at a machine shop and fill the holes back and re drilled them, I still can wrap my head around that but very intriguing, it was on a nice T600 and the owner said he would not trade it for anything and if he had to get rid of it he would keep the engine.

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure if trust that story too much, the 855 and N14 use the same head gasket. Now the N14 electronic heads are different height and the o-ring spacing on the injectors are different as well.

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Truck no longer belongs to us, sold it this past weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts