The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had replaced: Fuel injectors, injection pump, fuel pump, pickup pump, gas tank switch, and batteries and cables. All this was done and now the beastie will start and doesn't smoke! However, even though it does have enough pick up and go it seems like the throttle cable is too long (?) I always seem to have the accelerator to the floor while driving. It's a manual transmission and driving through a hilly section on the drive home from the shop it seems happy and wants to go - I just can't give it the fuel to do so. Am I silly in this theory. Yes, I am a girl!

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
:welcome

The accelerator cable should be tight and the "overtravel" linkage should be displaced to the rear of center about 1/8" with the pedal hard against the floor (bricks and sticks work). The "high idle" stop should be contacting the fuel lever in this condition as well, if not you can bend the cable mounting bracket rearward to achieve contact.

There really is not an adjustement to the cable, but the bracket it mounts to can become bent, preventing you from reaching full fuel.

Reactions: jlarrabee
1 - 2 of 2 Posts