The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. Newbie here. I have a 1994 International 4700 with the DT408. It has been sitting for about 8 years. I put two new batteries in, changed the fuel filter and tried to start it. It would fire but would not start. I tried this on and off for a couple days. It finally started but was stuck at a very high idle. I pulled the fuel shutoff cable but it would not shut the engine off. I panicked but kept my head (kind of) and pinched off the rubber fuel line between the filter and injection pump and it finally quit. The throttle cable seems to operate freeIy as does the fuel shutoff cable. I have searched the internet high and low trying to find someone else who has run across this. I found a 10 year old thread on another site where guys had the same problem with the truck stuck on high idle after sitting for many years but their fuel shutoff worked, but then it wouldn't start again. The solution had something to do with taking a lever going into the injection pump off and lubricating it. I could not follow exactly what they were talking about as it was not the same engine. Any input and ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts