The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's i just inherited a 1994 F-250, 2 wheel drive ext-cab. It only has 47-K miles on it. Runs like the day my dad bought it. I see he had a Hypertec chip (75 hp) i think. Does anyone make a more updated version chip/programmer for this model? I was thinking maybe SCT custom tuneable? New to 7.3, been running my 6.0 with it's issues. Not looking for gobs of power, just a little better performance. Will do some mods, free flowing exhaust, cold air, maybe new intercooler too to help with additional EGT. :happydance

·
22 Posts
Only four months late on a reply but hopefully it won't be in vain. First off congrats, I've owned a '94 since '03 and couldn't be happier. At a minimum I'd suggest a 3" downpipe and 4" exhaust. After installing my immediate response was "why didn't the truck come like this to begin with??". BIG difference in driveability, quicker turbo spool and had a more gradual power band. I drove it 120K miles with that alone and am now just finally modding it. Speaking of which, be absolutely sure whatever you're interested in will work on a '94-95 as most of what is written out there is for 96-97 models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts