The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just say no to Heui!
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Powerstroke but I have tinkered with a friends 96 Cummins and would like to own one myself. I found a 95 2500 2wd auto regular cab slt laramie for $4950. It has 163,000 miles on it and the only this that seems wrong with it is the fuel guage not working, the clear coat peeling, and not being 4wd. Are the frames differnent on the 2wd and 4wd trucks? Can the 4x4 parts be bolted on the 2wd frame or is this something that is just not going to happen?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
2wds have double a-arm independent suspension, while the 4wds have a 4-linked solid front axle. All of the front suspension mounts would have to be cut/ground off and new ones made/installed. Then you would still need the axle, springs and buckets, track bar and steering

Not a worthwhile swap IMO but its not my call......

·
Just say no to Heui!
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I wanted to know. That sucks though, in my area the same truck identical trucks 4wd vs 2wd more than doubles the price.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Its ridiculous how much more the 4wds retail for :damnit

·
4,827 Posts
I would think you could find a similar '95 4wd truck for no more than $9k. May have more miles, though. KBB listed a top of $7100 for private party here, for a 4wd version.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've got a 96 extra cab 4x4 for 4500. !But it's v-10 engine swap??? Let me know your
e-mail and I'll send a pic!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts