The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
roberdingess62
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 1995 ford rollback with a 7.3 powerstroke and 5 spd trans. truck runa perfect. yesterday it started quitting like out of fuel made it home. checked oil and could not touch on dipstick. I know the 7.3 quits when run low of oil. so I filled with oil drove about 10 miles. it done the same thing. had it towed home and checked oil. none on the dipstick. put oil in it and started. it run perfect. ckecked for oil leaks and seen none, checked air filter and radiator and everything good no smoke and no blow by. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE OIL IS GOING. THE MOTOR RUNS PERFECT WITH GOOD OIL PRESS. AND DOES NOT RUN HOT. LET IT RUN 15 MINUTES THIS MORNING NO OIL LEAKS. NEED HELP. THANKS:usflag

·
391 Posts
If it isn't leaking, then it must be burning it. How is the low pressure oil pressure? What about the high pressure oil? It could be leaking in the turbo, could be injectors, or lower end leaking somewhere.

·
roberdingess62
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oil pressure is good over half way idling. same as always. no smoke unless it is all staying in the turbo. about 3 gallon disappeared. I am puzzled. any other suggestions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts