The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very big thank you to the forum for pointing me in the right direction concerning the cam sensor on a 1995 Powerstroke.

Buddy says that since the cam sensor change on his 1995 one ton 2wd it runs great! However another issue has cropped up: It's a 7.3L Powerstroke 2wd in a 1 ton dually with an automatic transmission and on the test drive the overdrive light on the end of the shifter is blinking. He has a newer 7.3 that did the same kind of thing and the Ford dealer told him it was a "shift sensor" that they replaced and all was good. The symptoms are that with the OD turned off it seems to shift normally through the first two gears but then hesitates at the 2-3 shift. It will shift normally into OD at about 80 kph (50 mph) with the button turned off, but apparently the OD light blinks constantly.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

The transmission was replaced about 40,000kms ago with a rebuilt one, and the truck hasn't seen any hard use since then, so we're just wondering where to look.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking that the torque converter lock up is involved but I can't say for sure.

Any and all comments/advice are welcome!

Thanks!
Marc

1 - 1 of 1 Posts