The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bough 1996 Hummer H1 6.5 turbo charged, with P1214 Code "Injection Pump Timing Offset" With TDC at -2.46 degree (engine idle rough once reach above 150 degree and stall)
I also got code P0223 at the time of Re-learn procedure - for "Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor" and I replaced Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor, no code after that.

No codes now other than P1214.

Once temp is less than 170 no code shows and TDC show at -0 degree, once temp reach at 170+ check engine light turns on and TDC shows at -2.46 degree.

I changed pump position physically, but after performing Re-learn procedure many time, it still show -2.46 degree.
Any suggestion whats wrong:- 1. Harness 2. ECM (ECM seems like working - as it was showing code etc. earlier or 3. Fuel injector pump itself or suggestion how to do relearn procedure differently.

Re-Learn procedure that I was using:-

In order to initiate the relearn:

1. Hook up your scan tool.
2. Start the engine and idle engine until coolant temperature is at least 170 degrees F.
3. Clear any diagnostic trouble codes, if any. Then turn the engine off.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the “On” position. Do not start the engine.
5. Prepare the PCM to activate the offset relearn by placing and holding the accelerator pedal in the fully open position for no less than 45 seconds. Then release the pedal.
6. Turn the ignition switch to the “Off” position for 30 seconds. To confirm that the PCM has powered down, you should get a “No communication with vehicle” message on your scan tool.
7. Now start the engine and make sure that the coolant temperature is 170 degrees F or higher.
8. As soon as the engine coolant has reached 170 degrees F. and the engine speed is below 1500 RPM, the PCM will automatically learn the new TDC offset. A slight stumble in engine RPM is indicative that the new TDC has been activated.
9. Verify the TDC offset reading on your scan tool. The TDC offset should be between -0.25 and –0.75 degrees. If the TDC offset is within the specification, the relearn is completed. If the offset is out of specification then the injection pump must be adjusted. If the injection pump has not been replaced or adjusted and the TDC offset is very high on the positive side, then check for damage on the camshaft driven gear or key-way. If the TDC offset is very high on the negative side, check the crankshaft sensor for proper installation.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts