The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
97flatbed7.3
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ts 6 position currently installed in my 97 7.3, roommate just gave me his edge evolution from his 97 7.3. Wondering if there is any issues on using both tuners in my rig? Good idea or bad idea? If this makes any difference, has airraid intake, mbrp downpipe, 4 inch custom exhaust, bully dog shift kit, bigger tranny cooler and gauge cluster to moniter tranny temps, why temps and turbo psi. Any advice

·
97flatbed7.3
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, any reason why. Just curious.
Too much pressure and strain on the motor? not enough fuel or air? Stock turbo or tranny won't hold up?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have a ts 6 position currently installed in my 97 7.3, roommate just gave me his edge evolution from his 97 7.3. Wondering if there is any issues on using both tuners in my rig? Good idea or bad idea? If this makes any difference, has airraid intake, mbrp downpipe, 4 inch custom exhaust, bully dog shift kit, bigger tranny cooler and gauge cluster to moniter tranny temps, why temps and turbo psi. Any advice
You cannot use a downloader and a chip and get the extra HP you are thinking. Once you put the chip on you are using what's on the chip only. Not both together. Whatever you do, do not download a tune from the evo with the chip installed. You will be out a PCM and or the chip. Maybe both.

Diane

·
97flatbed7.3
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, I appreciate the help. I was just curious, I have heard of people stacking chips and was curious as to the horsepower gains. Thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts