The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1997 F-350 7.3 psd single cab 4x4 auto. The truck has 60,000 on it. an old lady from passadina owned it. I'am new to the garage and would like know about which chip is best for this truck, a superchip, or a dp tuner or another brand that someone has had in their truck. also what are the pros and cons of each chip. or is there really a differance between any of the chips out there. can wait to get into the diesel power of this engine. Thanks for any help.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
dp tuner exept no substitues

·
Registered
394 Posts
Do the 18k mod an stack it with a superchip.. But thats my opinion.. GOOD LUCK

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
This was said on the other thread the same as this one. Not for sure how there was two made.

Pontiacross said:
Tony wildman is known for his tunes for the OBS. thats what chip I am running. It is set up just like the older DP tuner just a different guy tuneing it. He has a website but I'm not sure what it is. I got mine from dpppower.com

when you get a chip it would be a good Idea to get gauges, better exhaust system and and better flowing intake. all to keep your EGT's in check

·
1,921 Posts
Jody at DP tuner is pretty good. I've had good luck with Dave Lott at Diesel Innovations. And Tadd at Elite diesel is a good guy to work with too. I'd give them all a call and talk with them. See which one you like best and go for it. Bottom line is you are going to love any one you get. Only time you are going to tell a difference is when you start getting a couple and compareing them side by side. With the stock injectors you're kind of limited in the power you can make anyway. The stockers in the '94-'97 trucks are kind of small.

You do want to make sure to get a set of gauges though. At least a pyrometer. When you start adding fuel the EGTs start getting up there so you want to be sure to be able to see what they are doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts