The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1997 F-350 7.3 psd single cab 4x4 auto. The truck has 60,000 on it. an old lady from passadina owned it. I'am new to the garage and would like know about which chip is best for this truck, a superchip, or a dp tuner or another brand that someone has had in their truck. also what are the pros and cons of each chip. or is there really a differance between any of the chips out there. can wait to get into the diesel power of this engine. Thanks for any help.

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
I'm not sure about the OBS, but on the SD, everyone will tell you DP Tuner, and not any cons to my knowledge. As soon as I can come up with the money, I know that is what I am getting.

·
2,509 Posts
Tony wildman is known for his tunes for the OBS. thats what chip I am running. It is set up just like the older DP tuner just a different guy tuneing it. He has a website but I'm not sure what it is. I got mine from dpppower.com

when you get a chip it would be a good Idea to get gauges, better exhaust system and and better flowing intake. all to keep your EGT's in check

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
Sorry bout recomending the wrong thing. Shouldn't have opened my mouth when I don't have an OBS.

·
2,509 Posts
You didn't recomend the wrong thing I'm not sure tonys tunes are any better its just the way I chose and have been hapy so far.
It's all a matter of opinion and most people have only run one or the other and there both always coming up with newer better tunes.

The reason I went with a wildman chip is because I have heard many people say that he is very good with OBS trucks but I'm sure DP is too

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
pontiacross said:
You didn't recomend the wrong thing I'm not sure tonys tunes are any better its just the way I chose and have been hapy so far.
It's all a matter of opinion and most people have only run one or the other and there both always coming up with newer better tunes.

The reason I went with a wildman chip is because I have heard many people say that he is very good with OBS trucks but I'm sure DP is too
good way to be fair i have a dp and thats what i would recomend dp but i have not run tw's tunes so good luck with what ever you chose
stevve

·
Levi
115 Posts
well i have a 95 F-350 and im going to order the dp tuner ... i have an edge evolution which is good to i havent had any problems with it .. but the dp to me sounds alot better and from what i heard it is and you can adjust it without turning the key on and off 20 times... but its a good idea to get an intake, exhaust and gauges if your going to run a chip..

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
ldwzlaw said:
but the dp to me sounds alot better and from what i heard it is and you can adjust it without turning the key on and off 20 times...
:whs I have the Edge Evo, just haven't put it on cuz I don't have intake or gauges or anything I want yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts