The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1998.5 cummins with an edge comp and my friend has a 2002 with an edge comp. both 5-spd. both have 4-inch exhaust. both aem dry-flow intake. the 2002 has lots more low end power and dumps more smoke at low rpm. is this normal? if so whats the difference between the 2?

·
4,827 Posts
Is the wire tapped on both trucks? Was the MAP sensor disconnected on the '02?

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything was installed the same on both trucks...........but what would it do if i disconnected the map sensor?

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, both wires tapped

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does any one know if this is normal, or is my box junk

·
3,514 Posts
I'm assuming you both have your sub-levels set the same. I've seen people not have those turned up and think that their box is a piece of junk, and I have seen them come from the factory with different settings. Thats one place to check. Other than that, I don't really know what to tell you, other than some trucks responde differently to mods than others.
Sean

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
off topic, but can you stack anything with a drag comp?

·
3,514 Posts
yeah, we've been talking about that for a little while, both the smarty and the redline will stack with the drag comp. Smarty is probably your better bet depending on what you want to do with the truck. I'd say redline is more of an all out competition box. Some guys will say that smarty fuels like the redline, and having run neither with my comp, I can't really say. but the redline fuels to 4k, and I've heard that smarty seems to cut back from the fueling of a normal comp box. Redline also has some other features I like, but i've heard they can be a hassle, and they cost a pretty penny.
Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts