The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get this truck to start for about a week. It died on me on the road abruptly. I have replaced CPS ICP and IPR. Does the DT466e motors have a wait to start on dash? Im trying to troubleshoot why my injectors are not firing. The ecm fuse in battery tray is good. What else should i look for?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Start by pulling the codes, if you don’t have a code reader or laptop you can get the codes using the diagnostics button on the dash. There are how to guides on here for doing that. Read the codes and write them down, then clear them and try restarting. Any present codes should be stored again so pull codes after attempting to restart.
As far as the wait to start, that light is used with glow plugs, so if you don’t have glow plugs you won’t have a light, I don’t think any Dt466e’s had glow plugs - they have a block heater instead.

More info would be helpful. Does it crank? Does it build oil pressure while cranking, what are the rpm’s while cranking. Have you checked all the sensors and their connectors. Don’t forget the sensor behind the ecm on the fuel rail - mine for example, the injector harness o-ring had a small leak, after some time the oil runs down on to the ICP sensor on the fuel rail and gets into the connector and shorts it out there by not allowing it to monitor the ICP, causing a no start issue. Also ONLY use genuine international parts!!! I have horror stories to back that statement so trust me use genuine - there’s a reason the crank sensor in 250 bucks, a cheapo from the local parts store for 49.99 is not acceptable lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts