The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the inlet heater relay on this vehicle I cannot seem to locate it and I do not have a service manual. It has a DT466E. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Does not have or need one.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does the cold start system on these trucks work then? The wait to start light does not illuminate and it will not start when the temperatures drop below freezing.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
There is no cold start assist, never was on the DTs before the advent of EGR.

You either ordered and ether system (measured shot) or a block heater, or both....

·
56 Posts
Hey John G. maybe you can answer one more for me,does the dt466 have a tube to vent the crankcase.maybe I missed it.I had a dodge with a cummins and it was on the front .my JD 2640 has coming out of the valve cover and turns down and runs down the side of the motor.I just got this truck,I managed to get it running,but I wanted to see how much blow-by it might have.thanks in advance

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does have a block heater but it is a towtruck so if someone takes it home it cannot be plugged in. We never had a problem starting it before and we have another truck that fires right up I thought there was some kind of cold start assisst.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Hey John G. maybe you can answer one more for me,does the dt466 have a tube to vent the crankcase.maybe I missed it.I had a dodge with a cummins and it was on the front .my JD 2640 has coming out of the valve cover and turns down and runs down the side of the motor.I just got this truck,I managed to get it running,but I wanted to see how much blow-by it might have.thanks in advance
Up to 2007 emissions engines, yes they all have a draft tube, Rt rear corner.

·
56 Posts
thanks John ,its a '92 4900,I found it it comes out the block directly
behind the turbo and run down behind the oil cooler.

·
281 Posts
I think they use the same dash in those trucks as they would in a truck that would have a T444e that does use glow plugs.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
^ Correct, same basic dash and silk-screen on many models with different engines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts