The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with a 1999 International Tow Truck. It was running fine with an ambulance on its bed and it started acting up all of a sudden. We figured maybe we got bad fuel and changed the fuel and filter, no results. Took the rocker cover off and all seems to be working fine there, except the first three injectors have no oil coming from them. The engine is a 466E. Took and cleaned batteries, grounds, fuel, filters, and nothing so far. Any ideas out there?:toytruck

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
No oil from injectors means they are not firing, that's electrical. Either a connection or a bad ECM, because you won't toss all 3 injectors at the same time.

Reactions: sierrasalvage

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No oil from injectors means they are not firing, that's electrical. Either a connection or a bad ECM, because you won't toss all 3 injectors at the same time.
Thank you so much for answering. I was out there troubleshooting it today and can not get it to run at all anymore. I appreciate so much the information that you have relayed.

I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can send the ecm to them and get it rebuilt or replaced. I live and operate about 100 miles away from the nearest one that can work on them,

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
A bad ECM is rare, it does happen, but is very rare. More likely to be a wiring problem between the ECM and injectors..... somewhere.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A bad ECM is rare, it does happen, but is very rare. More likely to be a wiring problem between the ECM and injectors..... somewhere.
We have a couple of other places we are looking. I took off the prefilter bowl and we found a little trash in there, we are going to clean out the whole fuel system lines and check for continuity in the injectors.

Learning as I am going here, kind of tough sometimes. I really appreciate all your input on this,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts