The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to make my first order for Adam's products and need some help deciding what to get. I am going to buy THIS KIT (getting the new Porter-Cable 7424 XP separately), THIS INTERIOR KIT, and a Grit-Guard for my bucket but can't decide if there's anything else I should grab from Adam's while I'm at it.

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is true--I ended up springing for the machine buffing kit, the grit guard, and the interior kit so I figure that should help me figure out what products I like. If those kits are enough, then I'll know what to order more of in bulk vs. buying gallons and gallons of stuff now that maybe I won't need/use.

·
803 Posts
It looks like you are off to a great start. I'd add a clay bar, to clean the paint off before hitting it with polisher. As Wayne said, you will be ahead of the game to order the DS (Detail Spray) by the gallon.

I use enough I started getting the 5 gallon container. lol...:happymugs

If you have any question, don't hesitate to PM me.

Later, Mark

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would I be hurting anything if I polish before using the clay bar or is that definitely a bad idea? I placed the order direct through Adams this morning but now I'm wondering if I should make a 2nd order or call them 1st thing Monday morning to add the clay kit...

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Polishing before claying is counterproductive.

The clay is to remove the bonded contaminants so you don't use them to scratch your paint when you polish. If you've ever gotten anything caught in your buffing pad while using it, you'll understand.

I think using the clay bar first also makes the polishing go faster.

prt

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright--I just ordered the Adams clay bar kit and their fancy-schmancy nozzle since I don't have one the hose is hooked up to the lawn sprinkler when I'm not using it to wash my truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts