The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Too much into it now...
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in-law has a late 2001 Dodge 2500 4x4, with: 280 Bosch injectors, Edge Race Pro box, Full BD tranny, BD aux. fuel pump, and a tweaked factory turbo.

Question...How do you get rid of the factory 1st gear torque limiting feature?
The truck does not have the full amount of power until 2nd gear...then it pulls like a mofo...

Any ideas?

On another note...he's lookin for a turbo up-grade that will at least keep up with me...LOL (I had to say that...LOL ):pointlaugh

·
3,514 Posts
well he seems to be a fan of BD, so he could go with their R.A.D. it is an anti defueler that also takes care of the Torque management system. I run the same set up he does, injectors and box and the BD-R.A.D.. So he might want to look into one of those, they are about 200-300 dollars. I don't use mine a lot and I've had some little issues here and there with the wiring connectors but those are all sorted out now. That should do what he's looking for.
As far as a different turbo. He'll need more fuel than he has to get it to spool well. IMO this set up, Bosch injectors plus Edge drag comp is great with the stock turbo. If he gets bigger injectors he could run an HX40 or one of the new high tech B2's from HTT. Hope that helps.
Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts