The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AKA - FFpsd
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess you could call it a kill. I work across the street from the local drag strip and Weds is test and tune, so you get alot of rice burners. I get off work at 11pm and thats about the same time the track starts to close. Where my works road meets the Hwy there is a stop light. I was turning right and there is about a 1/2 mile merge lane and then it goes to just 2 lanes. At the light there was a WRX-STI and a modded looking Audi TT roadster. I turned the same time the light went green and they started racing eachother. :93C_peelo I decided to try to beat them before the merge lane ended. I took a big lead on both of them :woot: but by the end of the merge lane the WRX was coming up fast. I looked down and I was pegged at 100mph so I have no clue how fast I was actually going. Well the WRX finally beat me but I never did see the Audi. If it was 1/4 mile race I think I would be close with that WRX-STI.:nunu:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
nice job jay :) those WRX's can be wicked man, so even if you did loose, you still gave him a run for his money and thats a feat in its own LOL

Dom

·
2,035 Posts
A guy at our office has one of those WRX's...it's quick...I ran him and beat him, but he was coming up pretty hard toward the end of the 1/4...

·
AKA - FFpsd
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I don't think I can hang with the WRX's yettttttt. But that Audi TT didn't have a chance. The Audi with that Quatro setup did have the WRX off the line but those WRX's must have a strong top end.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
nice one.

·
2,035 Posts
You can get set-up to take it in the 1/4, but after that your toast. I know how that goes though. Seems like every time I get a street race the little sucker keeps going past the 1/4 and passes me up, and then tries to say they won...

I raced a dude in a turbo charged Eclipse on the way home from work one day. He also had NOS and both weren't enough to keep up in the 1/4, but just about the time we made it past a 1/4 mile he crept right by me, and he claimed it as a win...I say bull!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts