The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a 2006 f350 and would like to check motor history.
Here is the vin: 1FTWW31P56EA87024
Thank you most greatly. :rock

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:help So, is this a "bad" oasis report? I see there was some issues, then the engine was replaced. And it seems there was some leaks after install. I haven't seen many reports for a variety of trucks, so any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
249 Posts
wow... I didn't notice when I pulled the report. ~$20,000 in powertrain repairs is definitely scary. I would not buy this truck no matter what the price. it seems the the dealer does not know what they are doing... repaired many times for same complaint and each time it is $$$$.

·
249 Posts
Correction... that is $28,255.60 in warranty repairs. STAY AWAY. The closest I have seen to this is about $12,000; and that guy sued the dealer for hiding the engine replacement because there were still issues afterwards.

$28k is absolutely LINSANE.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so absolutely a bad report. Ouch! That is crazy. Thank you so much. I was gonna go look at it too, oh well. Originally, I had emailed the selling dealer and asked if they would have access to an oasis report. He responded that he checked with the ford dealer, but they said they cant give any info on work that was done before we owned the truck. Or they were like "oh that truck, its um, its a fine truck... :sly ".
Have to keep looking. I really want a 2007. I have a 2008 f550 and it looks "OK" but I'm not crazy on that style on the pickups. Not to mention it has the same if not worse fuel mileage than my 99.5 f550.

Thanks again. (Btw I notice it says under your screen name "thanked..." is there a different way to do this?)

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wonder if this one is any better? Almost same truck. But iffy part is low mileage. Only like 35,000.
VIN: 1FTWW31P16EB46280
:bdh

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just came across these two: 1FTWW31P67EA35337 ; 1FTWW31P86EB26401
Ones an 07 and not far from me. And the other is an 06 and almost as far.
Thanks again. Unless these two are total disasters like that first one, I'll at least be able to go see them and spend some time working out buying. So, hopefully this will be last request (for awhile) :happydance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts