1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a huge payout kids.

Make plans now.

Track site

More details to follow this week from Pro Street truck owner Earl Stuckey as this is his doing.

·
11 Second Truck Club
397 Posts
Sounds like a good one, count me in.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2/25/06

I can tell you from my 100 trips to Albany over the years that the hotels fill up fast and its not the place you want to show up then start looking for a room. All it takes is one little mini-convention or AG Expo and that place is booked.

Personally, I like the Hampton at the mall but the Sleep Inn and Holiday Inn Express were nice years ago when I stayed in them. You never know though with Arabs. IMO as far eats, drinks and quality of hotels one would want to be by the mall.

There is a Hooters (next door to the new Harley store), Outback, Applebees and Gold's Gym right there around the mall.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been informed today that places 1-8 payout in BOTH Pro Street and Street Diesel.

·
2,184 Posts
Sorry Andy ..but I probable wont make this race:

Estimated Total Driving Time: 8 hours, 30 minutes
Estimated Total Driving Distance: 485 miles

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I'll be there with bells on ....

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Timbeaux38 said:
I'll be there with valve stem lights on ....
Fixed it for you. :Thumbup:

·
Wolverine Vendor
632 Posts
Hello,

I'm a Cuban with a Ford truck. Are we allowed to come too? Oh, heck, it don't matter, we'll be there.

DJ :evil:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
djdieseltech said:
Hello,

I'm a Cuban with a Ford truck. Are we allowed to come too? Oh, heck, it don't matter, we'll be there.

:roflmao:

DJ, this should be a pretty easy drive for you considering. My guess would be in the 7-9 hour range depending on how you run.

·
Wolverine Vendor
632 Posts
Even if it were 20 hours, I would do it just to see the redhead with the legs
ooh la la

LOL

·
DPM Mobile Dyno
508 Posts
djdieseltech said:
Hello,

DJ - we spoke about this one at Houston. You better be up here for it. :poke:

Still have more details about gate times, dyno, entry fee's and so on soon to finalize. The track owner is as excited as the racers and Earl Stuckey and the track are working real hard trying to make this a good paying annual race... who's in?

·
Wolverine Vendor
632 Posts
Yeah David. I remember and applaud you guys for setting it all up. Good Deal! As long as we don't have any snowstorms in Florida, keeping us off the roads, we'll be there :woot:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just remember....you want a hotel room NEAR THE MALL. I know every square inch of that town from working it in the past so trust me.

In case something goes wrong there is a well stocked newer Brooks NAPA store ~2 miles from the mall that is tied into 40 some odd other stores (supposed to be largest independent NAPA chain from what I understand) and they deliver between stores and the DC in Douglas multiple times daily.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
hey guys, what do i need to do to race in pro street??? what are they paying in the street diesel?? and is it bracket or headsup????
thanks guys
robert
out
p.s. someone who knows how wana mapquets denver Co to the race track?? LOL

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Denver to Albany

I don't know what Mapquest will tell you if you are coming from the north through ATL down I-75 but the best way is get off at exit 99 (300/GA-FL pkwy 4-lane) toward Albany. The speed limit is mostly 65 with some 55 and 45 and no traffic lights. However, the city kitties will be looking for you so set the cruise at 10 over and go. GA law says they have to give you 11 over so they are SOL.

This isn't a DHRA race so the Pro Street trucks can weigh what they want and spray what they want. :93C_peelo :93C_peelo ET wins. :smoke:

Street Diesel trucks and the Passat are bracket. LOL

1 - 20 of 48 Posts