The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are traveling from wisconsin to colorado for 2 weeks. I would rather not have to trailer them but rather find a way to get both in the back of my pick up. They are both arctic cat 500 4x4 with the gate down i am at 9 ft 10 in. after taking some measurement it looks like i am goin to be about a 1ft short of sneaking the rear tire on any ideas ?? thanks, jr

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
what i do well i did it with a Z400 and a 400ex is i tip the front one up on it rear and set the front tires on the roof of the truck and the other fits behind it like this, its a little tippy but if you tie it down good enough you should be fine, if you dont want to do that make a thing that mounts in the receiver and extends out to give your bed a little extra length

Attachments

·
793 Posts
Only problem is his are 4X4 atvs and are much heavier in the front, they'd propably leave indents in the roof. Not only that but you ever try lifting the front of a 4X4 that high, whew tried lifting a grizzly on a truck box with three people and just couldn't get it, their heavy and awkward. Of course you could do what I did just put it in 4wd and floor it and climb up your back window, happened to my. Man you talk about freaked accidentally jabbed my throttle while loading it climbed right up my back window before I could stop the thing. Scratched the heck out the back window and nearly flipped over on top of me.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had thought about the 1st idea but they are heavy to move. i thought i was a big guy but it hard for me to move it by myself the 2nd idea would work if it sat out farther. i thought about building something but then again every state is differant ?? I willl keep looking thanks, frank

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
mossertrucking said:
I had thought about the 1st idea but they are heavy to move. i thought i was a big guy but it hard for me to move it by myself the 2nd idea would work if it sat out farther. i thought about building something but then again every state is differant ?? I willl keep looking thanks, frank
the second one would work you would just have to make it which wouldnt be hard i dont think it would infringe with any state laws i have seen the ones that extend for lumber that would work then toss some plywood betweent that and the tailgate and reenforce it with something

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this weekend going to try a couple of thing and see what iam going to need to get them both on there safely thanks, frank

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
yea thats the same idea as the one at northern tool

·
11 Posts
We had a toolbox on our ford with an 8 foot bed and set the front end of our old 300 4x4 on the toolbox and piggybacked my old warrior on its racks and we were still able to close the tailgate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts