The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at putting my 2 Inch Sinister Diesel leveling kit on. I have heard mixed things about it moving the front axel an inch or two towards the drivers side of the truck. Has anyone installed on of these and had this happen? I want the axle to be prefectly under the truck. Will I have to buy and adjustable trac bar to fix this? Is this the only solution to the offset if it even happens? Thanks to all that may help.

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
Unfortunately, because of the arc of the track bar, your axle will move towards the drivers side a bit. An adjustable track bar solves the misalignment, as would a replacement track bar bracket for the lift desired, but if you do a track bar bracket, you would also need a Pitman arm. The reasoning for this is simple. When you lift the front of the truck you need to keep the track bar and the steering linkage running in parallel so that they maintain the same arc. When the track bar and the steering rod are not parallel it creates bump steer and will make the truck unpredictable to drive, as in if you hit a pothole or a severe bump or dip on one side only, when the axle moves it will cause the steering wheel to jerk unpredictably out of your hand. In this case an adjustable track bar would be your best solution because it will maintain the stock geometry between itself and the steering.

So this is the unfortunate part they don't tell you when they sell you spacers for your coil springs or mini packs on the leaf trucks but it is correctable and hopefully this helps.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the help. So I can either run a drop pitman arm bracket and a drop trac bar bracket or get an adjustable trac bar and everything will be all good?

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
Yes. I'd go with the adjustable track bar. If you decide to lift more in the future, you can still use it, and it will fine tune the adjustment on just about any lift. But the pitman arm and track bar bracket would also work. Only problem is, I'm not aware of anyone that makes a track bar bracket for less than 3.5" of lift for an '05+ truck, but someone may, I'm just not sure who.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts