The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
not much bigger than stock. Which rims do you have 16" or 17"?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
i think you could get 285's or maybe 305's with the 16" rims Thumbsup

stock is 245 with 16" rims

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
285 would be the limit. You may get away with 295 but it will rub occasionally.

·
Need For Speed
67 Posts
I'm running 295/70/17 toyo M/T on stock wheels on my 08. I did a lot of trimming till they stopped rubbing. You can't tell anything was cut unless you look really close.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Are you wanting taller or wider or both?

·
7 Posts
my brother and i both have matching 08' LMM's and i have 33x12.50x17's with torsion bars turned up...and he has 35x12.50x17's with 2" leveling kit. both ride the same, drive the same ect. JUST DIFFERENT SIZE

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007.5 LMM crew cab 4wd.

i just tried fitting 35/13.5/r20 on my truck with a 2" leveling kit and it wasn't even close to clearing. i would have needed a 6" lift to make it work. right now i have 285/75/r16 BFG's on it and they clear ok.

·
Need For Speed
67 Posts
It all depends on the off-set of the wheels. You can fit a 35 on a stock wheel with a 2" leveling kit. If you have the same leveling kit with wider wheels that stick out then when you turn the wheels swings a lot and a 33 will rub when a 35 won't on a stock wheels.

Attachments

·
Suspension Guy
131 Posts
What size of tires can you get under the LMM with a 2" level? If someone has some pictures that would be great.

How much trimming are you ok with doing? This has alot to change the answer, also because these trucks are adjustable/ "Cranking" you have to watch out how high you go before you loose your ride and start to wear front end parts faster.

Also are you looking at after market wheels or staying on OEM?

·
5 Posts
I am looking at a Cognito A arms kit with 285s has anybody went this way and what other parts do you need to do this. Thanks

Stumpy 442

·
Suspension Guy
131 Posts
I am looking at a Cognito A arms kit with 285s has anybody went this way and what other parts do you need to do this. Thanks

Stumpy 442
The most common package of parts to use when using the Cognito UCA's is adding the Cognito steering braces and front and rear Bilstein shocks that are the correct ones to be used with the Cognito UCA.

·
5 Posts
Well I tried that for a while finally got sick of people turn there heads and looking at me. I have 17 inch 285s TA when I first put them on they rubbed all the time now they don't without doing any trimming. I installed the Cognito leveling kit and shocks only took 3 hours to do now I have a very good ride and look.

·