The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all! Does any one add a little 2 stroke oil to your fuel? I have always heard that it is good. I might need to start doing this if so.:goodvsevil

·
188 Posts
I do add 2 stroke oil but I am also running jet fuel.

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
It's benefits the Ford 6.0L's,...haven't heard of any real benefits for the Chevy's yet...

·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do add 2 stroke oil but I am also running jet fuel.
Do you run JP-5, 8, or 4? How does it do far as fuel mileage close to the same as #2 diesel?

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
In the HPCR engines im not entirely convinced that you need it, nor will you see any benefits.... these fuel systems were designed to run on USLD..... im not saying it will hurt but im not sure that your gaining anything... i tried it in my 05 dodge and saw no improvement in how smooth or quitetly it ran, nor any improvement in MPG's

However if your interested in it for sure PM Moparman73... hes a mod and a 2cycle guru

·
188 Posts
Do you run JP-5, 8, or 4? How does it do far as fuel mileage close to the same as #2 diesel?
I run Jet-a. It's a commercial type of jet fuel not military. Mileage and power are lost but not too bad.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
It's benefits the Ford 6.0L's,...haven't heard of any real benefits for the Chevy's yet...
It does help in the Duramax also, many use it. Helps to clear up a rough idle if the FPR is just starting to fail and has been known to increase economy also.

I add a quart once a month to my truck and it helped take care of the FPR on mine.

Tony

·
1,189 Posts
it also helps with the gel issue of the fuel too. read up on moparmans site he has all you need to know about it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts