The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hear alot of people talking about putting 2 stroke oil in their fuel wat are the advantages of this are there any disadvantages and does it matter wat kind you use and how much do you use

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
ohhh, you just asked for it, as soon as moparman posts up you'll have your reading for a long time, but till then

one ounce per gallon of fuel, and it lubes your fuel system because the new ulsd took a good bit of the lubricative qualities out, these qualities are needed by these older engines, the 2-strkoe is oil, it helps a lot, it'll make the engine run better, quieter, and smoother, it's good for it, walmart 2-stroke, I think there's some criteria, just can't remember

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
7.3stroker said:
i hear alot of people talking about putting 2 stroke oil in their fuel wat are the advantages of this are there any disadvantages and does it matter wat kind you use and how much do you use
If you want the low down just flip over to my site and start reading...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%20Dodge/Tips%20&%20Tricks/2%20cycle%20oil/2_cycle_oil.htm

As for dosing... typically its 1 ounce of oil for every 1 gallon of fuel...
http://mopar1973man.com/other%20files/PDF/mixratio.pdf <- Ratio Table

The I highly suggest you don't mix other additive with 2 cycle oil unless it got a LOWER HFRR number... Here is a table of mixing additive if its RED it a failed mixture, yellow pass gov't standard, green passes both manufacture and gov't standards...

(This table is calculated averages of HFRR numbers... Based of Diesel place.Com data)

As you see adding other products to the 2 cycle oil really does change the ability of the 2 cycle oil fast...

·
71 Posts
I started using 2 stk oil in my truck about 1000 miles ago. I noticed a little throttle response improvement, the truck runs a little smoother and quieter. The sound is slight but i will take any noise reduction that i can get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts