The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cha like and for what reasons? i like both for different reasons. I like the exciting 2 stroke power band and insane dune power, but like the 4 strokers for luggin and haulin stuff......ive got 2 banshees and a 2001 Kawasaki Buyou:)

Rippin it up,
Dom JR

·
Registered
359 Posts
I like both. had a banshee about 4 years ago and Last year fourtrax250r which I kick my self for selling it. I own now 02 polaris 700 twin 4x4,02 660 grizzly 4x4 and my son's have 05 90 honda and 02 lt-50 suzuki. I am thinking about buying the new raptor 700 for me and the new wolverine 450 4x4 sport for my son. I miss having a sport quad. :)

·
2,655 Posts
I really don't like mixing the fuel..... raced for 3 years and I always hated mixing fuel. :pissed: It was always something...muffler pack, weaping joints, wrong mix, punchered or busted bottles that leaked "everywhere", that gummy start and the smoke.
..........off my soapbox

....I like my 4-strokes now. There is no mixing, fuel can be found anywhere, it doesn't stain your clothes, spill it and it's gone in a few without residue, it doesn't smoke and it's cheaper.

·
AKA - FFpsd
1,531 Posts
I like the 4strokes. No mixing fuel, pure grunt from all gears, I have a 03 yz250f and only shift from 3rd gear on the straights. It's got enough low end to pull me around the whole rack in 3rd. Love it. Miss the power band, but not mixing fuel.

FFpsd

·
4,318 Posts
They both have their place... 2 storkes rock racing... But you can not ride them in the trails up here.. There are so many rules!

Im looking at buying a Kawasaki 750 brute force. Linda getting out of the race machines...

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im gunna let ya know right now....the Brute is a brute!!! also, when going thru deep water, you start to push it and it gets into the air box....its a silly design.

anywho, people laugh at me because i ride a "Dinosaur"...then i laugh and say, "wanna race?" they say "no" lol. When i get older and loose some of my Moxie then maybe ill get a big utility 4 stroke, but untill that time comes i will rip my banshee till it rips no more:) ive got the pro circut pipes on the trail machine right now....and it is sweet. i dont mind the mixing so much at all, i just adjust the ratio rite cup to how much fuel i have, and throw the yamalube right into her...off i go:) just before i bought my first 2 stroke quad, a 250r, i was looking at a 400EX....well, lets just say i rode em both and told the dealer to bite the bullit because i was gettin a faster machine. never looked back. I have a certain need for speed.....but i also like goin places...so if it gets mucky out comes the Buyou. For duning, the 2 stroke remains supreme god of Competiton Hill. For the circut, the new 4 strokers are definatly king.

well, now ill step off my soap box;)
JR

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
im happy with my Z400

·
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow
650 Posts
Got 1 crazy build on an 85 250R. It does everything but ride on the front tire!!! Before the last tear down it was mutilating raptors with one really tired bore. So what did I do...bored and stroked some more. Funny thing even with a mid-high rpm setup she still pulls very strong down low in the trails.
Two strokes will have a weight advantage but a four will always pull out of the turns with thier torque. Get'em lined up straight and the 2 will always pull the 4 if it can be kept under control. It will always take more displacement of the four to match the 2 as well. Fours are great just give them more development time and things will be different.

Doug

love playing in the dirt-

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like my 87 LT500...it will outperform my 03 Raptor 660 any day of the week! That's why I gave the Raptor to my wife...but I do like the Raptor for putting around when the kids are following...

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
zillas are extremely sick quads there prolly the only machine i have ever rode that scared me

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I've had both but wish I could have my 2 stroke 400cc 98 Polaris Explorer 4x4 back out of all of them. It was a full-size utility ATV with a non-smoking (at least with synthetic oil) oil injected motor that would run 60 mph on the street with two idiots sitting on top of it and being torque converter driven it had plenty of power out of the hole.

I've watched ebay for them over the years but a nice clean one pulls big money.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, theres no goin slow on a zilla LOL and people always ask me why im goin fast all the time....i tell them there are two speeds........idle.....and wide open :D

Dom

·
79 Posts
I have a 2000 Polaris 500 Sportsman, my buddy has a Honda 250 thatw as a two stoke, he couldnt keep the plug from fouling out in it, it ran good when it ran, but keeping it running was a PITA.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
he needs to lean it out......take the airbox lid off......and if thats already done, re-jet it to a smaller main, and push ur air clip up a notch.

Keep wheelin,
Dom

·
Registered
756 Posts
crf450... best bike ever made. got a 03 YZ250f thats nothing compaired to it. anyone got a crf for sale????

·
2,655 Posts
rev that 450 a little too hard and it'll pop. :pissed:
.....Honda man here, I've got three ...1800 VTX, Ruby 500 & Rin 650.

·
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow
650 Posts
I still have to say there are not many that can hold onto one sick :evil: tricked out 250R threewheeler ! :smoke:

BTW love the LT 500 :bow: but they usually only catch up when I'm running out of wind north of 60mph :)

Doug

·
Registered
67 Posts
StuckinMud said:
I still have to say there are not many that can hold onto one sick :evil: tricked out 250R threewheeler ! :smoke:

BTW love the LT 500 :bow: but they usually only catch up when I'm running out of wind north of 60mph :)

Doug
I'll agree...the 250R 3 Wheelers are VERY fast!...but my Zilla isn't your average Zilla... ;) Now I just need to learn how to hang on :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
i ride a 2002 KTM 520 EXC, i know its a dirtbike, who else rides motorcycles and not four wheelers??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts