The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my 2000 f350 has the six speed and clutch is fine but thinkin about upgrading the clutch since it has 281,000 on her... any ideas on how to go about it?

·
626 Posts
ok so my 2000 f350 has the six speed and clutch is fine but thinkin about upgrading the clutch since it has 281,000 on her... any ideas on how to go about it?
1) Buy a clutch (Paul @ Complete Performance is a SouthBend dealer)

2) Drive to shop with clutch in the back seat.

3) Write a large check and hand them the keys

4) Come back a couple hours later and drive away

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iam in new jersey

·
211 Posts
I paid about $400 in labor to have my clutch replaced, and it was money well spent.

I've done clutches before, and they aren't any fun.

Woody

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of clutch did u go with?

·
211 Posts
I put a Southbend clutch in. I don't remember the exact type, but the only thing better would've been the dual disc.

I would recommend calling Southbend directly and asking for some advise.....

Back in the day, I had a 304 cid Jeep that needed a clutch. We rolled it on it's side, and that made the job VERY easy. When we got it back upright, the left bank was full of oil. I pulled the spark plugs from the four cylinders on that side, pulled the coil wire and cranked it over a few times. Oil sprayed all over the alleyway. lol It smoked like h*ll for about ten miles or so. lol

Woody

1 - 7 of 7 Posts