The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some info on this tuner? I've purchased a 2000 F550 and this is plugged in at the top of the valve cover. Any help???

·
29 Posts
edge e-z

I bought one 4 years ago for my 00 f350, i believe theres 3 settings, the highest one being 60hp 100lb ft or so increase.It definetly delivers better throttle response and fuel mileage, as for how well it would work with other tuners and/or chips,i havent got my dp chip yet. Good performance for the price,no negatives.

·
151 Posts
Can anyone give me some info on this tuner? I've purchased a 2000 F550 and this is plugged in at the top of the valve cover. Any help???
It's a very old trick that fools the ICP sensor readings and gives you better throttle response. The downside is it's a straight across the board bump in readings. You can get much better power that is easier on the truck with a good chip. There are not many that offer tunes specifically for the F550, but I know a few folks with Power Hungry Performance chips on their F550 and they are very pleased with it. PHP does offer F550 tunes.

I'd also invest in a set of gauges if you don't have them already. Those 4.88 rear ends can be hard on the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts