The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I've had my truck for almost 2 years now. This is my first diesel truck but I come from a diesel car background. I got the truck because my diesel car couldn't pull my 25' trailer. :damnit I'm getting to the point where I want to start modifying my truck.

Brakes:
Does anyone know if you can upgrade a 2001 2500 from rear drum to disc brakes? Can you point me to some info?

Fuel Tank:
On my volkswagens, we would remove the vent valves from the fuel filler neck to allow for diesel to fill up the expansion chamber and get an extra 2 gallons of fuel on board. We did this because VW used the same fuel storage for diesels as they did on the gassers. What is the story with the dodge? Has anyone heard of doing this for their truck?

Edge Juice w/ Attitude:
Is there anything that needs to be done besides just plugging everything in? The HP gains seem to be a lot. Is this ok for all the stock engine bits? Will this help with towing? (not that I need any more help with my 25 footer! LOL )

Thanks for the help!! I'm looking forward to learning lets here.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
6thFrame said:
Brakes:
Does anyone know if you can upgrade a 2001 2500 from rear drum to disc brakes? Can you point me to some info?

Find a 2002 2500 with a Dana 80 they are rear discs.

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So would you just replace the whole axle then?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts