The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 2001 cummins engines decent? It has just over 100k on it, and is in a running truck.. Are there any certain things to be aware of? Just thought I would ask before I purchase. I'm buying it for my nephews 05 half ton..

·
706 Posts
The 01 was a good engine,some had VP44 issues,and a few had the #53 block,but most were phased out by then,and i wouldt worry about a #53 anyway.Did i hear you right,its going in an 05 1/2 ton:sly:

·
1,006 Posts
I am very happy with my 2001 ETH. dynoed David 231hp bone stock, exceptional fuel mileage, just watch te fuel pressure and that puppy will roll. I like a 12 valve also but i really dont think there is a 12 valve out there that can line up with me on fuel mileage!

Alot of 2001 eth get excellent fuel mileage, I think it was one of the best engines cummins put in the dodges

·
45 Posts
What dose ETH stand for?

·
45 Posts
So is ETC and ETH just a code from dodge or cummis? or dose each letter stand for something.

B

·
0 Posts
jponder said:
i really dont think there is a 12 valve out there that can line up with me on fuel mileage!
What kind of mileage are you getting?

Bill

·
1,006 Posts
Bouncer said:
What kind of mileage are you getting?

Bill
26.5 empty

21.3 loaded with camper grossing 12k

·
1,006 Posts
stack said:
So is ETC and ETH just a code from dodge or cummis? or dose each letter stand for something.
its just the order code, in 2001 to get the eth option you also had to get the DEE option so alot of times people write it as ETH/DEE dee is 6 speed

B

·
0 Posts
jponder said:
26.5 empty

21.3 loaded with camper grossing 12k
Are you going by the trip computer or hand figuring that? Those are definately some impressive numbers.

I can't complain about my old 12v though. I average between 20.4 and 21.5, just depends on how I drive.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts