The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any common problems with the 2001 Duramax trucks? I may be trading my 95 GMC 3500HD wrecker for a 2001 2500HD 4dr long bed 2wd. Not a bad trade either cause the two trucks are worth about the same amount. It will be an even trade. Please let me know of anything I should look out for.

Thanks,
James:thanks:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
there just plain good trucks, but look for worn out front hub bearings

·
Registered
54 Posts
01 Dmax has some injectors issues also.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
yes they do but chevy will warrenty them for 200k miles or 7 yrs so i would look for one that has had them done

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
There are some head gasket issues with the 01's also. GM revised both the torque specs and the head gasket design. Mine went out the day that I bought my truck so the dealer covered it luckily, but the head gaskets are a salty dog. I would check to see if they have been done on that truck before I decided to offload that other truck. There are other minor issues like wheel bearing hub assembly and block heater cords.

My block heater hasnt worked all winter and my truck started like a champ in -25*. So that wouldnt be such a big deal, as long as you have good batteries. Once the cord is replaced it hasnt failed since, but factory ones were prone to failure.

On the good side, my truck has performed next to flawless since I bought it, and I love the nice economy and power that I have in it.

Tony

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the info......The trade has been made and I'm the proud new owner of a 2001 GMC 2500 HD.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Sweet deal! Glad to hear it, now hold tight to your wallet, cause its going to get really small now. But your credit card debt wont, LOL

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts