The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend is looking at an 02 dodge cummins 6 speed. Is there anything to look for before buying it it has 100,000 miles. And wat is the best chip for that year of cummins thanks:smoke

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i talked to him and he said that all he wants to do is get a good chip for it and exhaust and thats all and hes pretty serious about buying it would u recomend it or not

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I'd recommend it because of what it can do on fuel mileage. As JPonder* said, "The ETH's are just beasts when it comes to fuel mileage"

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
cajuncummins said:
edge comp is a great one, but as phily said, once you break thorugh about 65 hore over stock you'll hit kind of a dead end
Wat?

More like 300 horse over stock is the wall.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yeah, i agree with mkoth. they will take power adders just fine. as far a fuel economy, mine isnt any better than the SO. but the extra gear really helps when pullin heavy loads up long steep grades.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i ther anythign u need to look at to tell if its been beat on or not?? i only have experience with the powerstrokes so i dnt have much of a clue about the cummins

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
MKoth said:
Wat?

More like 300 horse over stock is the wall.
He means what I wrote when I was "sack riding" from Edge. Edge said going over 65hp the gains start to demish as compared to a ETC/SO engine.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Phily 911 said:
He means what I wrote when I was "sack riding" from Edge. Edge said going over 65hp the gains start to demish as compared to a ETC/SO engine.
I agree, the gains do start to demish along with my brain cells after reading your posts, "Hook ed on Pha honics work ed fo me."

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
Phily 911 said:
Well, once again, you are incorrect with your speculations.

Edge deals strictly with electronics...and they honestly don't do that too well anymore.

Hell, my piece of junk made 160 horse over stock with junk injectors, a Van Aaken, and a 5" exhaust. Guess there were no diminishing returns there, huh?

If you ever want to put on your big boy pants, and actually attempt to know the things you talk about, stop talking on the phone, and actually make your own observations.

And quit saying, ETH and ETC. Using build codes doesn't make you look any smarter.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Matt threw the dictionary comment at you, not me. Here is your chance, proof read 2 or 300 times and try, I mean really try this time to post something that actually has some factual information in it, I'm all ears...

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
MKoth said:
Well, once again, you are incorrect with your speculations.

Edge deals strictly with electronics...and they honestly don't do that too well anymore.

Hell, my piece of junk made 160 horse over stock with junk injectors, a Van Aaken, and a 5" exhaust. Guess there were no diminishing returns there, huh?

If you ever want to put on your big boy pants, and actually attempt to know the things you talk about, stop talking on the phone, and actually make your own observations.

And quit saying, ETH and ETC. Using build codes doesn't make you look any smarter.
I was just quoting what Edge said.
I never even claimed it be correct just because they said it.
I just said, that's what they said. But if you want to take as that. Knock yourself out.

As far as the engine codes go. I just find it easier because if you use HO and SO they can be mistakin for words alot easier than ETH and ETC.

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
Oh..and for the record...I realize this back to back posting makes it really look like we are the same person...

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
Phily 911 said:
I was just quoting what Edge said.
I never even claimed it be correct just because they said it.
I just said, that's what they said. But if you want to take as that. Knock yourself out.

As far as the engine codes go. I just find it easier because if you use HO and SO they can be mistakin for words alot easier than ETH and ETC.

Whatever floats your boat, champ.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts