The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my 02 7.3 in to the dealership for a int engine knock, they said #8 injector
was leaking, they replaced inj under warranty, now it seems my fuel mileage has gone down considerably, could they have done anything to do this?seems like truck smells rich, exhaust is quite potent. i do have a sct flash tuner and even on economy tune it really has gotten worse, could it be winter fuel ?i do not drive the truck daily in the winter months , only on family outings on the weekend.any info that you guys could forward on that might make me look like less of an ... at the dealership would be appreciated

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody got any ideas??

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
Wish I could help but I don't have any idea hope someone will help

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
where do you live how cold is it are you running winter blend? did ford flash your pcm? air and fuel filters clean? so many ?'s

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
I was going to ask, but if he had it at the dealership, these are the first things they check (a decent tech will - good luck trying to find one). I just know I have had my truck at a dealer twice and these were not even close to my problems but all the filters were checked first thing.

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
filter are all clean , yes running winterfuel, this is my first winter with my powerstroke, even though i don't drive it much in the winter. temp is about zero celcius here right now, am running the cold temp oil 10-30 deisel cause it was pretty cold -20 c a couple of weeks ago.i don't know if ford flashed my pcm,

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
I heard that flashing will help in some power too. Atleast that was on a chevy gasser. Does anyone know if the flashing helps with power on our trucks.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
do not let ford flash your pcm ever they can sceew every thing up

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
Oh really, I don't know of anybody around here that has had that done, so I didn't know, sorry for suggesting that. What were your problems?

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
went to the dealership today , they said they did not fllash or reflash when they changed the injector.they are blamming the winter fuel , they say some customers are loosing 200km's per tank due to it, they told me to add more cetane booster, the ford stuff of course.they told me it's not possible for the loss to happen due to anything they did.ad i have never owned a deisel before and experienced winter fuel , i hope they aren't blowing me off.this truck was extremely good on feul when i got my sct tuner , i hope i haven't lost that cause it's rather a pig now..

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
joeseppy said:
i hope they aren't blowing me off.
Don't be suprised!! :bang

·
Registered
34 Posts
What kind of fuel economy are you getting? I bought a 03 7.3L and had heard legends of 18-20 mpgs if you keep your foot out of it, but I am only getting 13 or 14 running all stock and keeping my foot out of it.

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
Yeah when I bought my truck, the guy told me that it got 20 easy. After watching the last 4 or 5 tanks, I get about 14.

·
748 Posts
joeseppy said:
went to the dealership today , they said they did not fllash or reflash when they changed the injector.they are blamming the winter fuel , they say some customers are loosing 200km's per tank due to it, they told me to add more cetane booster, the ford stuff of course.they told me it's not possible for the loss to happen due to anything they did.ad i have never owned a deisel before and experienced winter fuel , i hope they aren't blowing me off.this truck was extremely good on feul when i got my sct tuner , i hope i haven't lost that cause it's rather a pig now..
Winter fuel loses me 2 mpg's Last winter it started in early Nov. this winter it started about the 1st of Dec. Can't remember when my mileage came back last summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts