The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a new motor in my truck, I also installed 150cc over 30% injectors to better run the Stage 1 KC 10 blade turbo. about a week of driving the truck it ran and drove GREAT! but then all of a sudden the truck acted like the exhaust brake was stuck on, it blew so much coal (smoke) that I couldn't see behind me lol. So I unplugged the vgt and it feels better, just takes longer to spool up. Any ideas? I'm really hoping the veins aren't stuck, its a brand new turbo and I don't feel like pulling it out of the truck..... the truck is also fully deleted.

·
1,290 Posts
Still have a functional EGR system?
What color was the smoke?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still have a functional EGR system?
What color was the smoke?
The EGR system is fully deleted, the valve has a block off plate as well. The smoke is black, not blue or white. It just doesnt make sense to me how it was doing great then all of a sudden it starts acting as if the exhaust brake is stuck on. It will build up to 35 pounds of boost on acceleration but the truck barely accelerates.

·
1,290 Posts
Did the turbo come with a new VGT solenoid?

Have you verified that the MAP sensor hose is not plugged up, and that the nipple the hose connects to is not plugged up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts