The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my truck at a dealership in central Illinois for for 6 weeks now and I thought I was taking my truck there for the known LB7 injector problem. Since they have put a lift pump, new return lines, and know they are saying that the shaft that runs the injector pump is twisted which is making the injectors misfire (which they are saying is making the truck smoke and fill the crankcase full of fuel). The service dept. says they are possitive the truck does not have an injector problem and have seemed incompitant throughout this whole process. My truck showed the exact same symtoms that everyone is getting new injectors for and fixing their problems.. I was just wondering what people though about this and if there is any advice to be given..I want my truck back some day!!! THANX (sorry about the long post)

·
3,939 Posts
Very simple...get your truck away from that incompetent dealer and take it somewhere else!

They've replaced everything but the obvious? Sheesh. Did they even bother to do any diagnostic tests first, or do they just throw parts at a problem?

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Tom is right. They have not taken care of you as a customer not one bit. I would ask to speek to the owner of the dealership or atleast the General Manager and discuss what is going on in his shop and see if you can make friends with him.

If that doesnt work, then take the truck out of there and pay them nothing for what they have done, not even the parts. Find a dealer that has replaced injectors in a LB7 atleast 15+ times, then your problem is solved!

Tony

·
3,939 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
Isnt doing injectors expensive?
Yup.

I would also contact GM Customer Assistance and register a complaint about the work that has (not) been done. This is a must. Every thing needs to be documented.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts