The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's probably a long shot but figured I would ask anyways. Long story short I had my truck in 4high (towing through mud) afterwards with no trailer hooked up I hit the road in front of my house to knock all the mud off just a couple short launches nothing to bad. Afterwards pulled back into my driveway and went to back up and turn around. Realized I had no reverse it just acted like it was still in D. Immediately noticed column shifter wasn't smooth and every gear does the same thing but almost feels like it's in limp mode also. I've been looking and reading and leading me to think it might be the trans position sensor inside the pan. I tried changing fluid and filters but that didn't do anything and also checked for codes but there wasn't any showing up. Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it's probably a long shot but figured I would ask anyways. Long story short I had my truck in 4high (towing through mud) afterwards with no trailer hooked up I hit the road in front of my house to knock all the mud off just a couple short launches nothing to bad. Afterwards pulled back into my driveway and went to back up and turn around. Realized I had no reverse it just acted like it was still in D. Immediately noticed column shifter wasn't smooth and every gear does the same thing but almost feels like it's in limp mode also. I've been looking and reading and leading me to think it might be the trans position sensor inside the pan. I tried changing fluid and filters but that didn't do anything and also checked for codes but there wasn't any showing up. Any help would be awesome.
I had a similar issue from a used 5R110 I got from these guys, https://reman-transmission.com/transmission-codes/?code=5R110W, but it ended up being pretty simple fix if I remember correctly, something electrical/ sensor related. I had a very good relationship with the owner of that shop though. I don't necessarily recommend going into any transmission shop not knowing what the problem is and expecting them to find an easy fix.. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts