The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new tothis thread and was considering buying a used F-350 4x4 with the 6.0 diesel engine. Frankly, after reading a lot of comments posted on various diesel thread, I'm almost afraid to buy the thing.

I've been driving a 2005 F-150 FX4 since it was new and absolutely love the truck. That's why I started looking for a Ford diesel.

We purchased a 5er and although I can pull it with my half-ton, I was looking for a bigger truck so I wouldn't strain what I have now.

Are the reports of problems with the Powerstroke true? If so, does anyone make a decent diesel 1-ton?
I've been told to run an Oasis report on the truck to verify the service calls, I have the VIN, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Just post your vin # in the oasis forum. Someone will run it for you.

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Im not goning to say there have not been problems with the 6.0 but there arent that many. Most guys on here lovem and wouldt trade them but there are a couple that just dont stop having problems. Run the oasis and see what it says.

·
775 Posts
If you leave the 6.0 stock when you pull your 5er you will be fine. Most of the problems come from guys who have turned them up. I pull an 18000lb 5er and have no problems when its in stock tune. My problems started when I installed a program to get better mpg's when hauling my 5er.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have a 04 350 cc and love it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have an o4 250 cre cab with auto tranny and love it, have had no problems I also tow with the stock setting, if you chip it tow it on stock only, like others said get oasis report.

·
200 Posts
I have an 04 F350 cc, only things Ive had problems with is the EGR valve and it currently has a cracked EGR cooler, I just havent taken it in to get fixed yet. 137k miles and strong

·
Registered
16 Posts
:givemebeer I just sold my 04 F-150 and bought a 2003.5 F-350 King Ranch. Love it. I am waiting for a few years and then I plan to get a new one. The 6.4's have too many problems right now. Fuel mileage in my truck is between 16 and 18. The previous owner took off the Cat. Converter and put a 5" pipe out the back. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts