The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this truck the other day and on my way home after a 4 hour drive I was about 10 miles from my house and hit some train tracks at 75 mph with the cruise on. All of a sudden the whole truck started violently shaking and the steering wheel was bouncing like crazy. I jammed on the brakes and got into a turn lane and got out to eye my tires to see if they were both at least pointing straight with the wheel being straight and they are. It's a 05 2500 standard cab long bed with I think like a 3 inch lift but has stock rims n tires on it now. I lifted the truck n checked my front end and everything is tight. I had a 06 quad cab with 38.5's and never had this happen before. It has happened to me 2 times now and the second time I was going a lot slower and didn't even hit any big bumps. Is the factory steering stabilizer not enough for these trucks? Anybody know what I should do? Also I'm hoping I can ask this and not get slammed with a bunch of replies that are no help. The truck has a edge box under the hood and a 3 position switch. I was checking out the under hood stuff n noticed 2 wires tapped into the harness of the edge box right before the map sensor wires D and C the red n tan wires. So I know it's a smoke switch and it wasn't hooked up so I ran the edge switch in the truck n decided to put the smoke switch in next to it just for fun maybe sometime in the future. After I installed the switch I was checking to see what way was on n off and it set a check eng light for over boost. So I cleared the code and tried it again n same thing. I thought with the edge box it also fooled the computer so it didn't set an over boost code. I only turned it on for about 5 sec and then it sets a light. Any idea why that would be happening? Thanks for any help.

·
40 Posts
Check for bad balance trash in front tires. If nothing else can be found wrong I would swap the steering box. No explanation except I saw the first one in a 350 Ford and the second in a 3500 Dodge.
Edge box? Smoke wires? Sounds unhealthy, good luck with that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not smoked wires. A smoke switch. It's when u hook a switch to the map sensor and it tells the sensor that the truck is at full boost so it adds as much fuel as possible. But with the edge box it shouldn't set an over boost code because the box is supposed to fool my computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts