The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 6.0 that has sat for about a year. When you go to start it it wont start until the oil pressure gauge moves on the dash. Crank it for about 10 seconds its see's oil pressure. Stop then crank it again and it fires. It does this if its hot or cold and everytime. Any help would be appreciated.

·
1,324 Posts
Check the oil level is it full?

·
3,051 Posts
First check the oil like Weld recommended.

But also check the oil filter and cap. Make sure the oil filter cap isn't one of those tall aftermarket type ones like Napa sells. These caps can cause low oil flow issues especially when a shorter factory size oil filter is put in a tall cap. You may also have a low oil pressure pump issue, but thats a whole other story that you don't want happening.

Maybe just try doing a fresh engine oil and filter change with a Motorcraft filter and the factory oil cap. Also make sure no debri from an old oil filter cartridge isn't stuck down inside the oil filter housing.

Also, recommend a ScanGaugeII and program it for the Ford 6.0L diesel, then read the vitals like FICM voltages, IPR% and ICP psi.

Harry

Reactions: Weld engineer

·
321 Posts
Where is the best place to get a scan guages. Need one for the 450. Thanks

·
1,324 Posts
Reactions: Levi'sford

·
1,213 Posts
Create an account at Advance Auto and use the code TRT30 (30% off).

The Black Friday code (M44) might also work.

You can get it for apprx. $115 plus shipping

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/scangauge-ii-digital-trip-monitor-sg2/10206633-P

Edit - looks like AA is not taking the codes on the Scangauge right now (probably because it is currently on sale for $20 off), so it is $139.99 plus shipping

I bought mine through CleanMPG.com.

I joined their forum (free) and got in on their group buy for $135.

Reactions: Weld engineer

·
1,213 Posts
I am striking out tonight ..........

The Scangauge D was available using the TRT30 promo code ($111 free shipping), but then I saw that it does not have the proper OBDII connection.

Back to Weld's post for the best deal (until Advance Auto removes the $20 sale on it and we can use the TRT30 again).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts