The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out ice fishing a couple weekends ago (-20 degrees plus the wind blowing) and of course I forgot the headlights on. Found the battery dead a couple hours later, jump started it and it ran fine. Kept firing it up every couple hours to let idle for 1/2 hr or so and everything seemed fine. Come evening the girlfriend drove to shore to use the bathroom, came back and as she went to back up next to the ice house it died. Turning over it sounded like normal but just wouldn’t fire. Checked for gelling but didn’t see anything. Seemed like it wasn’t getting any fuel. Been home now and seeing as it’s starting to warm up outside I’m still struggling to get the darn thing to run. Any insight or leads are welcome!

·
1,225 Posts
I would first try the Diesel 911 additive from Power Service. After that, you need a monitoring system (scan tool). ForScan Lite on a smartphone is an excellent tool ($5 download and a $25 BAFX brand OBDII adapter). It is VERY thorough at reading codes. I would also charge and load test the batteries, maybe even have the alternator tested (minimum of 150 rpm is needed to start).......since there isn't anything concrete to go on at this point.

·
1,225 Posts
Hmm - I see you read the post above, but I guess those suggestions aren't what you had in mind ..............

Tow it to a mechanic maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts