The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s done this twice now. The first time it happened it started fine and I drove off but a few minutes later the high idol kicked on as I’m driving 30 mph and poof!! dead on Main Street for 22 hours. A couple days ago on a cold cold morning I started it then a few seconds later the high idol kicks on and BAM! it died, I tried and tried to start it but not even a hesitation like a gas engine without spark plug wires. I disconnected the batteries and gave them a good charge overnight but still no start.

·
1,217 Posts
You need a good code reader. For $40 you can download ForScan Lite to a smartphone and buy an ELM327 OBDII adapter. WiFi for iOS and BlueTooth for Android. I like the BAFX brand.

Read the codes.

The most common reasons for what you are experiencing are the FICM and the IPR valve. Could be FICM or IPR wiring related also. Look those harnesses over - inspect for signs of damage.

It might be worth trying to unplug the ICP connector and run the truck that way for awhile to see if that resolves the symptoms. Doing that will throw a code, but not a big deal.

FYI - FICMrepair.com is a very reliable business and the test FICMs. They can tell you if the FICM is good or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts