The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to this forum as I needed some help with a truck at my shop. I had a truck come in with a rank no start. proceeded to dead head the pump and found while cranking it would put out 4k psi. replaced the IPR and the truck started and died out shortly after. noticed oil from the injector pucks so replaced the o-rings and checked again. after that I noticed I lost cam/crank signal so replaced the cam and crank sensors and the truck started and ran fine. was starting fine the next few days so the truck was released. died a few blocks from the shop so I had a spare IPR and went and tried to figure out what happened found t he injection pressure would not pass 300psi when cranking so i replaced the IPR again and it did start and i got back to the shop. following day I started it up and let it run and using our scantool found around 147deg on the oil temp it started fluctuating the idle and it would throw an injector 1 circuit low code. eventually it would stall and no start as it wont pass 300psi again. I figured the o-ring install may have not been faulty or an o-ring got damaged so I replaced the pucks this time and still get the same result. runs good when cold and around 140deg oil temp it starts to fluctuate at idle and will die out and not restart only able to build 300psi.what am I overlooking? any ideas? thanks in advanced

1 - 1 of 1 Posts