The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering what your thoughts are.
looking at a 3500 DRW 2007 6.7 auto with 3:73 gears will this tow my 16K fifth wheel?
and how well will it do?
I had a 04 5.9 auto I loved the truck but the 48re tranny and I could not get along so i went back to a ford. Now that the new dodge trannys seem to be doing well Im thinking about going back to dodge.
I will take all input good or bad please
Dave

·
284 Posts
wondering what your thoughts are.
looking at a 3500 DRW 2007 6.7 auto with 3:73 gears will this tow my 16K fifth wheel?
and how well will it do?
I had a 04 5.9 auto I loved the truck but the 48re tranny and I could not get along so i went back to a ford. Now that the new dodge trannys seem to be doing well Im thinking about going back to dodge.
I will take all input good or bad please
Dave
SRW with 4:10 gears and love it. I would say 3:73 would do fine my 2007 had 3:73 and towed good.

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found one with 4:10 dually 4x4 crew cab, what for miles per gal do the 4:10 get?

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts
I found one with 4:10 dually 4x4 crew cab, what for miles per gal do the 4:10 get?
In my opinion, if you're towing close to 16k, 4.10 gears would be a sweet upgrade. Overall, the 4.10's vs. 3.73's only turn about 200 rpm more in sixth gear. The torque multiplication you'll get in the lower gears is great on a 4.10 equipped truck. I'd almost bet the 4.10's will net better mpg in any heavier towing applications.

I'd be all over the 4.10 equipped truck like a duck on a june bug.............

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
In my opinion, if you're towing close to 16k, 4.10 gears would be a sweet upgrade. Overall, the 4.10's vs. 3.73's only turn about 200 rpm more in sixth gear. The torque multiplication you'll get in the lower gears is great on a 4.10 equipped truck. I'd almost bet the 4.10's will net better mpg in any heavier towing applications.

I'd be all over the 4.10 equipped truck like a duck on a june bug.............
gsbrockman is in the house....Look out! How you been buddy?

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha
Glad to hear it man, don't be such a stranger, I think we all keep on keeping on about the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts