The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across a 07' 5500 with a duramax and auto tranny. The cab is burnt but all the wiring appears to be intact, it is the V8 motor so i assume it is the 6.6 but im not too informed in the Dmax scene. What do i need to look at to find out which Dmax it is? Also, what would a motor/tranny combo be worth in something like this?
Thanks!

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
The V8 is in fact a 6.6 dmax. The bigger (7.6L IIRC) dmax is an inline 6.

Assuming it runs and the trans has no damage, I would think that combo would be worth as whatever the going rate for however many miles are on it.

I believe you may have to change some electronics and such for it to work in a pickup (as the medium duty's have different ECMs and such im pretty sure) though.

hope this may help :thumbsup

Reactions: RedBull_04

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
IIRC., il a été évalué à 300 HP et 600 évaluation de Fttq et ouais ils avaient vraiment l'évaluation facultative qui va beaucoup comme 325 ou 350 HP le tq montera 660 pieds tq si je l'ai lu le droit.

IIRC., it was rated at 300 HP and 600 Fttq rating and yeah they did have optional rating that go much as either 325 or 350 HP the tq will go up 660 Ft tq if i read it right.

Merci,Marc

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
I recently came across a 07' 5500 with a duramax and auto tranny. The cab is burnt but all the wiring appears to be intact, it is the V8 motor so i assume it is the 6.6 but im not too informed in the Dmax scene. What do i need to look at to find out which Dmax it is? Also, what would a motor/tranny combo be worth in something like this?
Thanks!
Can you get the Vin number

1 - 4 of 4 Posts