The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a serious look at the new Grizzly 700.
Anybody have a chance to ride one of these yet?
Any opinions?

·
37 Posts
I haven't ridden one yet. I have seen a few. I wonder what kind of power they put out?

I only have seen them with the factory fender flares. They look like the are really wide. The flares stick out form the tire about 3" on each side.

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
I havent ridden one yet but go take a look at the kawi BF750i,I have 1700 miles on mine and love it,the power is great...

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
the grizz 700 is a peice of work...fuel injected, power steering...and those fender flares are there for a reason LOL when you throw the locker on, and blast thru a massive mud hole....tell me how dry you are LOL you will be dryer than usual LOL

Dom

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
My Brute Force does a great job of keeping you dry,I even have 28's on mine and it still does a great job...

·
37 Posts
Ok, I was trying to keep comment related to the quad in question... but everybody is telling you to check out something different. I have to put in my two cents. Go check out a Can-am 800. 62hp. Wheelies in low and hi with nothing but opening the throttle. Only thing I can fault it on is the front locker set-up could be better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rutcutter said:
I havent ridden one yet but go take a look at the kawi BF750i,I have 1700 miles on mine and love it,the power is great...
I did ride a Kawi 750i. WOW, awesome power!

I've not riden the 700 Grizzly, but I have ridden the 660's & didn't think it would ever have a problem getting out of it's own way.

I'm not as interested in having the fastest as I am in having the best overall machine for me. The fuel injection means alot to me with the wide range of elevations I'd be riding in. And the power steering seems like a great idea based on the handleing charistics of all the 4x4 quads I've riden in the past.

Polaris & Artic Cat are the other two I've looked into and am heavily leaning toward the Yamaha.

Guess I'll wait a couple of weeks when the local dealer is supposed to have a special "ride the new Griz on our track" promotion thingy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plus it just looks cool with those flares!

Am I going to fit this thing in my SB truck?

·
GOT BEER?
164 Posts
I had an 03 and I had alot of problems out of it overheating and snapping cv joints. Supposedly Yamaha changed all of that. I think yamaha puts out a pretty solid 4 wheeler.

A word to the wise, no matter what type of 4wheeler you get, I would get camo. It won't scratch nearly as easy.

·
Registered
713 Posts
i just priced the 700 9200$$$ another cool feature is power assist steering

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
Thats WAY over priced for a 700 grizz...Geez there trying to make a killin'.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Who ever is looking at Pollass please save yourself from wanting to get something different later. The new 700 grizz sounds awesome and I would like to ride one. I ride a 700 king quad I would like to compare the power between the two. I wonder how the power assist steering is going to hold up. With me probably not very long. My 2 cents.:Thumbup:

·
GOT BEER?
164 Posts
I like my popo

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am glad you like your popo dmaxfan alot of people like them, I guess it's just what you want them for. Not putting them down or anything. I think polaris could have a good machine if they would change a few things....like there 4 wheel drive system and there tranny.:Thumbup:

·
Registered
713 Posts
it had a winch, lift kit, and big foot kit on it.

Polaris is junk ive had 2, both at 1500miles split a rod out

·
Registered
100 Posts
ive got one and got it for 9000 with 14 inch wheels and 27 inch mudlites and gytr exhaust. ive had hondas and rode them all and its well worth the money it wheelies from a stand still to about 15 mph. you couldnt give me 10 of the others for one of mine.

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
Noticed this was an old thread but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I got my 700 Griz last october and haven't had a problem yet, other than the breaks wearing out in serious mud and sand. Got mine for MSRP then plus the flares and Yamaha's winch and warranty deal, also tax free. This machine is amazing, the cooling system is improved greatly over the 660 I owned. The strait drive shafts with no CV's or U-joints are very strong, broke more than one on my old 660. With 4 wheel discs this thing stops on a dime even with my 27" ITP radials on 14x8 wheels. The arched front A-arms and swept back rear ones make a big difference going through dep ruts, but I haven't been able to pull tight 3-wheel donuts on this rig like I could on my older ones. EFI system works great, right there throttle response, instantanious cold starts, and I seem to be getting better mileage than my 660. The EPS (electric power steering) is amazing, I've hit large rock at 20 mph and the handle bars didn't even budge. Very tight turning radius for such a large machine, bout 11 ft. inside wheel, compared to the 20 ft. that my parents new 650 arctic cats do.

It's a great machine if you don't mind the price tag.
Here's some pics of mine.

·
83 Posts
I own a Grizz 700EFI and I LOVE IT! I've got over 650 miles on mine so far with no problems and I ride it HARD!

Got a Rhino 660 too...Love it too! GO YAMAHA!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts