The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 08 6.4l F250 is idling rough, especially in gear with foot on brake. Accelerates fine, no stumbling or hesitation and no lack of power I can notice.

I replaced the EGR valve, fuel/oil filters (OEM), oil, etc...Added some diesel Kleen to the fuel and some Rev-X to the oil.

Cleared the previous code (P0300, multiple/random cylinder misfire) and drove it about 40 miles before code set with P0305, Cylinder #5 misfire.

Coolant level hasn't budged and no other symptoms except the rough idle...which gets rougher if I idle more than a minute or so.

2008 Ford F250 6.4l diesel, 150k miles

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dealer says I have 3 bad injectors: 5, 6 & 8. I've ordered new injectors and have the passenger valve cover off and #5 injector out (see pic). Two of the little plastic rocker clips are broken (cylinders 1 & 3 exhaust valve rocker). I've been searching for the part number or a source for replacements with no luck yet. Do these actually serve any purpose? I hear of broken lifters being blamed on these clips failing, but for the life of me I cannot see how these little dinky pieces of plastic could have an impact of the rocker operation. Is it more likely that when a rocker arm fails, it takes out the plastic clip with it and then the clip is blamed??

·
10 Posts
I've seen these clips break on Maxxforce 7s of this year range which is basically the same engine and it required complete rocker replacement if it is the clip on the tip of the rocker

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts