The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 F250 6.4 crew cab 4x4 completely stock, no lift, stock tires. The truck has 30k on it now. When I'm on certain roads especially concrete roads with expansion joints that have heaved the front end will bounce or shake and move over in the lane. The faster I am going or if the bump is on a curve the worse it feels. The steering wheel moves also, but this is not the death wobble as it only does it once or twice then fine. On the bumps that are on a curve it feels like if your not holding on you will end up half in the other lane. Another newer problem it has when on a highway on or off ramp that is really tight the steering wheel moves back and forth a couple times like the hydraulic pressure stops for just a second then normal. Any help would be great. Had it at Ford 2 months ago said they couldn't find anything wrong. I thought that I had read on a forum about the front end shake on 08 Super Duty's but now I cant find it. Thanks ZR800guy

·
106 Posts
there is a service bulletin out about shaking but cant remember details. Check the issued tech bulletins with the dealer or you can find them on line.

·
7 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing and it's going in next week for the second time. The drag link bar which connects the tie rods can be moved forward/back a bit and I can hear a clunk there. The dealer said this was tight and not a problem.

I am also thinking this issue might be the gear box, but who knows. I also saw another reference to similiar issues caused by the pitman arm nut being loose.

I've got 43k on mine and just installed new tires, shocks, and a steering stabilizer. None of this made any difference.

·
2,183 Posts
my front end bounces a lot sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts