The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 PSD 6.4 is nearing warranty expiration when I plan to make a few changes. I know the truck has a DPF I want to eliminate. What else should be done to get better mileage and/or performance without modifying the engine itself? Replace the whole exhaust system? Eliminate the egr system? I understand a programmer is needed to take this equipment off, is that all I need to make these changes work. Not necessarily interested in getting high horsepower but a better tow mode or economy mode would be nice. Have had no problems except an egr valve replacement. Good oil samples, no fuel contamination or regen related issues. Longevity is a top concern as I love this truck and plan to keep it a long time.

Thanks for recommendations.

·
780 Posts
I'm in the same boat and just ordered a down pipe back exhaust and h&s tuner with dash pod. I am doing it in steps because it gets expensive. I might later add a intake and egr delete? Not sure if I really need it or not.

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I agree with doing it in stages. Less expensive all at once, also lets you determine which components gave the most results. Not sure what is gained with the EGR delete.

·
780 Posts
Me too? Not sure if the egr delete is needed and people have told me that the stock intake is ok till you get the high horsepower tunes and even then u can put an after market air filter in the stock intake. The high horsepower doesn't interest me anyways I'm looking for less problems and reliability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts